May has been a month full of challenges between the global economy crisis leading to an overall red market (stocks, crypto & raw materials, such as wheat) and the need to rethink the network architecture and some play and earn features. Revomon team members stay strong and hyped about what we are delivering ! A long journey await us, after the rainy days always come lot of sunny ones !☀️
Here is a summary of the different key topics we are going through;
▶️ New network architecture.
▶️ Balanced Burn To Earn feature.
▶️ Revomon game update.
▶️ Cosmetic booster packs.
▶️ Monthly Airdrop.
🛠 New network architecture
This topic is quite sensitive but we want to explain as clear as possible the issue we have faced and the solution ready to deploy.
The network architecture is all about fixing lag faced by players in the game and preparing the future of a real mass adoption.
In the latest update we have introduced the concept of “Lobbies” aiming to automatically duplicate a map as soon as the number of players connected on the map reached 35 players at once (not the server; players were on another map but still on the physical server machine). Although this solution was effective, it stayed a short term one not solving the real issue, in the foundation of the game; it was an inefficient development of the network that meant it was incapable of supporting thousands of players.
Now, the new architecture is built on a multi server concept. Simply, players will see now a lobby where several servers are listed. Like many other games, players will be able to select & join the server they want to play on.
Each server has now a capacity of 200 players connected simultaneously. A new server can be added at any time to meet the player connection demand. We start with 3 servers but we could add 30. We will adjust accordingly the network utilisation.
🔥 Balanced Burn To Earn feature (v4)
Revomon is all about building a balanced and sustainable long term ecosystem where the inputs ($REVO collected from players) are covering the outputs ($REVO rewards granted to players). That’s what we call a sustainable virtuous circle to make Revomon growth.
Play To Earn becoming Play And Earn
It’s not anymore about mandatory replacing a physical job’s income into an income coming from a game but having rewards for the player’s time spent gathering entertainment and financial incentives.
Across the broader Play And Earn ecosystem, we can see there are no perfect recipes, each game is different, Revomon is unique per its spawn system, NFT supply and gaming mechanics. Thus, we want to refactor the Burn To Earn concept into a simple feature among others providing earning mechanics in the near future.
- Fair system: The burn to earn feature rewards distribution is fairly distributed among players. That does not mean everyone should be able to benefit from it but the majority can use it and there should be consideration of people’s existing investment in the project. It is also critical that it is not vulnerable to abuse (i.e. through a single individual transferring between multiple wallets to bypass limits).
- Balanced system: The feature is balanced, taking into account the initial investment and providing a good ROI allowing to accumulate tokens for the supporters/believers and granting a complementary revenue for the casual players. Mandatory to consider the Burn To Earn as ONE feature among others in a global ecosystem we are building together (quests, achievements, breeding, lands…).
- Temporary system: The current total reward pool is linked to the maturity of the project. Today, Revomon is distributing ALL the benefits from the company made through the stores (booster packs, eggomon, R3V-UP …) to the players.
Linking the Burn To Earn feature to the tier system and unpegging the rewards to a fixed $ amount but pegging to a $REVO amount.
- Strengthening the demand creation around the token utility. (purchase $REVO)
- Favouring investors by granting them access to a larger percentage of the rewards.
- Better integration of the feature within the global ecosystem under construction, i.e. belonging to a tier opens the doors to more features.
- Avoid bypassing the burn weekly limit.
- Variable floor prices for all rarities / market (demand-supply) plays its full role.
- Secondary market demand growth (beneficial for the incoming Revo Marketplace) and could even be used as an indirect scholarship system.
- To access the feature you need to belong to a tier (1,000 $REVO min)
- You need to lock your tier for 30 days.
- You need a R3V-UP (would stay fixed to $50 pegged in $REVO)
- The diamond hands NFT keeps its effect for the tier (except for elite to master)
- During the lock period of 30 days, we would make it so the user can benefit from the 15% APR staking on a pro rata basis
- Common & rare batch minting would be available
- Burn To Earn article updated; https://revomon.medium.com/revomon-burn-to-earn-c5843b902bf8
- Q/A: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sDNdttquKIOe8JZIAGJlTV5Is2iHf3-qztSW2l-92rc/edit?usp=sharing
📋Revomon Beta game version 2.0 — CHANGELOG
This new game version is mainly focused on mobile version development optimisation.
▶️ Spawn rates modification: Both VR and Mobile users have the same spawn rates. For the mobile users, revomon spawn rate was 30% more difficult, now it’s not the case anymore.
▶️ 1 new city
▶️ New Revomon👾
🔵 Common Revomon
Rokilo |type: stone |scarcity: common
Gravilon |type: stone |scarcity: common
Construkto |type: stone |scarcity: common
Yelloon |type: battle |scarcity: common
Roughoon |type: battle |scarcity: common
Azuroon |type: battle |scarcity: common
Hobeex |type: bug-sky |scarcity: common
Honikoba |type: bug-toxic |scarcity: common
⚪️ Rare Revomon
Kasket |type: metal-spirit |scarcity: rare
Vachita |type: neutral |scarcity: rare
Vacapow |type: neutral |scarcity: rare
Moomega |type: neutral |scarcity: rare
🟡 Legendary Revomon
Khepreetle |type: bug-fire |scarcity: legendary
Skadire |type: ice-twilight |scarcity: legendary
▶️ Improve game performance
▶️ Microphone reactivated
▶️ New setting: Quality setting
▶️ Cosmetics set concept: Complete & wear the full set to get a catch rate bonus (more details in the section below).
▶️ Moves that boost evasion work correctly
▶️ Shadow tag ability
▶️ Wrong XP to earn for your Revomon to reach level 79XP fix
🎴 Cosmetic Booster Packs — Cosmetic sets !
The cosmetic booster packs bring a new dimension to Revomon ! Between customisation and bonus granted, your trainer has a new quest ! Collect em all to increase your bonus catch rate while being stylish !
3 Cosmetic Booster Packs available 💧🍃🔥 based on the revomon starters !
👑 Royal set is part of the packs !
- Cosmetic booster packs will be sold on https://app-v2.revomon.io/store
- Unlimited quantities
- In a pack, 3 maximum items can be looted following these odds; 1st pull is 100% guaranteed cosmetic item from the booster pack presentation, then 30% chance to get a 2nd pull and finally 30% chance for a 3rd one.
In a pack, user can get revomon as well as 2nd or 3rd pull.
- In total 7 different cosmetic sets will be obtainable from the packs with more to come.
✈️ Monthly Airdrop
Eligible tiers; Elite & Master. Including Veteran tier if the user owns a diamond hands NFT 💎🙌
Monthly airdrop is “doubled” and will happen in the first week of June.
Note: Each item is a part of the cosmetic set granting the bonus.
Snapshot is not taken yet at the publication of this article, it will likely be taken around the 3–4 of June.
Quick overview on when the introduced features will come;
- 31st May (evening UTC time) // Game update (new build 2.0)
- 2nd June // Cosmetic Booster Pack
- 4th June // Double airdrop NFT
- 6th June // Eggomon + Booster packs
- 10th June // Update on the Burn To Earn system
Revomon is a new metaverse where items and monsters are owned by its users. Community driven model. Revomon is a VR collectible game built on blockchain, leader in its game category.
To stay tuned to the latest Revomon news, follow us on:
Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/revomonnews
Telegram General Discussion: https://t.me/revomon
NFT Marketplace: https://app.refinable.com/collections/revomon